Give a warm welcome to DiceRunner, who will be posting from time to time on NeonDice. He’ll kick it off by telling us about low rolling it in downtown Las Vegas.
The average person rolling into Las Vegas is not bringing an exorbitant amount of money to gamble these days. That doesn’t mean these people don’t want to gamble though. So, here are my favorite places to game on the cheap! When choosing a casino I usually consider food too. I am not talking about fancy food but late night grub. You can find $5 tables at all of these places.
1. The El Cortez
This place is not classy by any means. They have a decent size casino and $5 tables are always available.
- $5 single deck 3/2 Blackjack
- $5 Mini Baccarat dealt by a person
- Good drink service
- The clientele can be different. I have been offered “yayo” at the craps table. There are strange people everywhere though, so don’t let this scare you.
2. The Golden Gate
I have spent many hours on their craps tables.
- The party pit has some sexy girls dancing.
- Dupar’s is a good place to get late night breakfast before calling it a night
- There is typically open space at the craps table
- It has a small feeling to the space.
3. The Plaza
Newly Renovated and overall pretty good.
- Good place for Video Poker
- I have met some friendly dealers here.
- Pop Up Pizza!
- For some reason Pop Up Pizza closes at some point. I think it closes at 2am which seems too early to me. I have tried to get late night pizza and they were closed.
- Accidentally played the crapless craps table there one time. For some reason the point was 2 and we lost. Don’t let this gimmick game get you it has a higher house edge than craps.